Have you ever read a book you couldn’t put down. One that inspired you to try and read it aloud to anyone close by that would listen? Today we are talking about one of my new favorite books, this book is loaded with brilliant research on happiness. It is “The Happiness Advantage” written by Shawn Achor from Harvard.
In this book, Shawn notes:
- There have been over 200 studies done with 275,000 people that conclude happiness leads to success and nearly every domain of our lives – including marriage, friendship, health, community involvement, creativity, career and business.
- Happy workers have higher level of productivity, produce higher sales results, perform better in leadership positions, receive higher performance ratings, receive higher pay and enjoy more job stability. They are also less likely to take sick days, quit, or become burned out
- Happy CEOs are more likely to lead teams of employees who are happy, healthy and find their work climate conducive to high performance.
In terms of happiness, many people will say “some people are born with it, some people are not”. However, after all the research done by this gentleman and all the others, they’ve concluded that you can actually rewire your brain for happiness – they call it “The Happiness Advantage.”
Download this episode (right click and save)
So how do you rewire yourself to become more happiness. It’s easier than you may think. In fact, if you just follow these steps below consistently (for attest 21 days) and you’ll start feeling the positive effects in your life almost immediately.
- GRATITUDE – Write down three new things that happened during your day that you are grateful for.
- JOURNAL – Write for 10 minutes a day describing one positive experience you had over the past 24 hours.
- EXERCISE- Aim to be active for at least 30 minutes a day, four days per week.
- MEDITATE- For 5 minutes each day, focus on your breath going in and out.
- RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS- Write one, quick email first thing in the morning thanking or praising a member on your team.
Another thing to take into consideration is introducing positivity in your surroundings. We have a lesson in our Rapid Results Formula 2.0 online program titled “Cleaning Up your Environment.” In that lesson, you go around and give a rating to every single element of the environment around you that is either helping you to be more productive or less productive. If it is something that is slowing you down, we give you tips on how to revise it, get rid of it, or how to update it. Why wait – you can start doing this one right now!
Check out our worksheet below to start rewiring your brain for happiness.
To your success,