Today, we are diving into a super important topic to help you see the best results from any type of coach you are looking to hire. Whether you already have a coach or have flirted with the idea of coaching, this is important, so take note.
You may be looking for a life coach, performance coach, business coach, relationship coach, etc. Regardless of the type of coach, there are major do’s and don’ts that I want to share with you today after 10+ years of coaching.
My goal is to help you get the best ROI (return on investment) from coaching and make sure you don’t end up wasting money on a coach that isn’t the best fit for you!
Download this episode (right click and save)
Here’s a sneak peak:
3 mistakes people make when hiring a coach
- Hiring a coach to teach or train you on a specific topic.
My advice: Go and buy a book or register for a course/training program. A coach is a coach, not a teacher/trainer.
2. Thinking the coach will do all the work for you.
My advice: HELLO! You would never see Michael Jordan asking Phil Jackson to make the shot for him. You are the player in the game of life, not your coach.
3. Tune in to learn the 3rd mistake people make when hiring a coach. This one is particularly a huge waste of money and time. Avoid this disaster at all costs.
In the second part of today’s episode I’m going to help set you up for success by giving you the most important tips to finding the best coach for you. In addition to this, I will give you a worksheet with vital questions to ask any coach before you hire them! (below)
Here’s a sneak peak of why you would want to hire a coach:
- Accountability. There’s no one better to hold your feet to the fire than a coach. The main focus of our coaches and myself is to make sure you follow through on what you actually say you will do. We also have ways to track and check in, but I will tell you more about that in the download.
- The next reason you want to hire a coach is probably the most powerful tool and reason. I cover this in today’s episode throughly. When you hire a coach, make sure it is someone that helps you tap into your creativity and resourcefulness so that you’ll be able to overcome any challenge or problems in life. We all have this within ourselves. The problem is we haven’t worked on this “muscle”. Tune in to learn more.
I hope you dig today’s episode. It’s a topic I’m passionate about because I want YOU to get the absolute most out of coaching with whomever you’re working with. I’m passionate about you getting results and seeing an amazing ROI.
If your are someone who wants to be a coach, there’s great info in this episode to make sure you’re attracting the right clients and are able to assist them in achieving success in their life and business.
We are launching a POWERHOUSE coach training program specifically for performance coaches. If you’re interested in upping your coaching game, adding more coaching tools to your toolbox, or simply wanting to help more people, check out performancecoachuniversity.com for more information. I’m fired up for it!
That’s all for now. Let me know what you loved most and learned in today’s episode. Make sure to download the “Before You Hire A Coach” guide below.
To your success,