Despite our parents only being in their 50’s, they have been faced with some major health scares.
After reaching out and asking on social media how they’d spend those last days or years (hopefully longer) with loved ones, one idea that came through was making a video with them asking them about their life, about love, about challenges, their victories and lastly how they wanted to be remembered.
So here are some questions we’ve pulled together that made quite a fun, meaningful and memorable interview with our parents. We hope you enjoy them and take some time to interview your parents to capture their spirit while we still have them with us.
Life is precious, let’s make the most of it!
Here are the questions to ask your parents
- What do you remember most about your mom and dad
? Ifgrandma and grandpa had a message for you and their grandchildren, what do you think it would be?
- How did you choose your career and what was your favorite part about it?
- What made you successful at work?
- What’s your wow factor (what makes you uniquely you) and what are the moments that helped shape it?
- What’s a moment that made you feel incredibly humble?
- What’s your greatest fear?
- What an awe-inspiring moment?
- Which 3 events most shaped your life?
- What do you remember about when each of us was born?
- Were you ever scared to be a parent?
- What 3 words represented your approach to parenting and why?
- What message do you have for [spouse] that you want her/him to always keep in mind?
- Which 3 words best describe how you want to be remembered?
- What do you think the world needs more of right now?
- What do you believe people want the most in life?
- What were the 3 best decisions you ever made?
- What are you most proud of in life?
- What were 5 of the most positive moments of your life?
- What message would you like to share with your family?
- What are you most thankful for?
We look forward to hearing from you on how your interviews went!
To Your Success,